Whether it be to open your third eye, connect with your guides, see peoples auras, or even just to be able to sense whether your partner is telling the truth or not. Having a heightened intuition does make life flow easier. It allows us to trust that inner knowing, that gut instinct. Our minds seek comfort. Our hearts seek truth. “Intuition is seeing with the soul.” ~ Dean Koontz
This can be challenging, because yes it involves stepping out of our comfort zone with a risk of 'failure', but once we remove that word from our minds, we can recognise that there is no right or wrong, we are possibly just being guided to the perfect place at the perfect moment for our own growth.
“I believe in intuitions and inspirations… I sometimes ‘feel’ that I am right. I do not ‘know’ that I am.” ~ Albert Einstein
So if this is still just a concept which is hard to actualise, here are some more simple ideas which have helped me greatly on my path...
- Sometimes we need to test ourselves. We can tune into something intuitively but our logical mind still doubts it, until we get that direct confirmation that we were right. The more we get this affirmation, the more confidence we have in trusting the signs!
- For the Yogi's..., Shirsasana-headstands are a great way to bring the blood and prana to that area of the body. And Analoma Viloma. Alternate nostril breathing yogic pranayama. With focus on the third eye between each round.
- Crystals.. There are so many beautiful crystals that can help strengthen your intuition. Place them on your third eye during meditation, or even create a crystal grid on your body or next to your bed. Sodalite, Lapis, Iolite, Blue apatite.. just to name a few...
- Write...journal... it really helps to take note of when something arises in your meditation, or even in relaxation at the end of a yoga class. Even if it is a simple image, or message, write it down as it will allow it to integrate into your conscious mind and may make sense in the future...
- Be creative. Let go of those blocks in your mind that are telling you that you do not have time or you are not a creative person, and just surrender to whatever and wherever your creativity is flowing. Gardening, drawing, painting, singing, building... whatever it is! Being in that space, assists us in listening to that subconscious part of us, which has something potent to share.
- Listen to your dreams. Trust them, journal them, try and remember them as soon as you wake up. The dream state is such an important key to our intuitive sense of sight..do not underestimate its potent power!
- Meditation, meditation, meditation. This is such an important part of intuition. The more we can learn to control our rational thinking mind, the more connected we are to spirit and we can trust and act upon our intuitive hunches. Breathe...go deep within and listen to what your heart is really calling for.
These are just the beginning and there are so many more. The most important advice is to trust... trust your inner guide, your inner guru, know that you are your own teacher and the universe does want what is best for you... LISTEN to the teachings of your soul.
Love and light,